AV Preeminent-rated by Martindale Hubbell and a member of the Construction Law Section of The Florida Bar, Tracy Valente is an experienced civil litigator with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in construction defects, insurance defense, bond claims, contractor licensing, complex business litigation, torts and professional liability. A respected advocate with an impressive record of success in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Tracy is especially adept at listening to clients, analyzing their issues, and presenting honest, well-reasoned, and complete legal options in their best interests.
Prior to joining the Bachara Construction Law Group team in 2018, Tracy was a partner and shareholder of Heekin Litigation Group in Jacksonville. In that role, she represented homeowners, developers, general contractors and design professionals. She also represented a variety of subcontractors including the following trades: HVAC, plumbing, swimming pool, framing, windows, roof, drywall, painters and concrete among others.
Tracy is admitted to practice throughout the State of Florida, in the United States Federal Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. An honors graduate of both Florida State University and the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, she has been named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite” and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers and the Worldwide Registry of Executives & Professionals. Tracy is a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association, the Northeast Florida Builders Association (NEFBA), and the Professional Women in Building Council, on which she has served as a director since 2017.
When she’s not working, the Washington, D.C., native enjoys family time, good books, travel and listening to live music with her husband. She also spends a lot of time on the bleachers at local baseball parks cheering on her two teenage sons.
HONORS & AWARDS
• AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 2011-present
• Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2013
• The Florida Bar, 1998
• Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 1999
U.S. DISTRICT COURT ADMISSIONS
• U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
• Jacksonville Bar Association, 1998-present
• The Florida Bar Construction Law Section, 2000-present
• Northeast Florida Builders Association
• Professional Women in Building Council, Board of Directors, 2017-present
• Worldwide Registry of Executives and Professionals, 2015-present
• University of Florida College of Law, J.D. with honors, December 1997
• Florida State University, B.A. Political Science cum laude, May 1994