Roscoe Green is a graduate of Florida Coastal School of Law and a member of The Florida Bar and the State Bar of Georgia. He specializes in construction litigation including construction defects, contract disputes, bid protests, delay claims, payment disputes, and lien and bond claims.
A certified general contractor in the state of Florida, Roscoe holds a Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and has significant professional experience in the construction industry. He is also Quality Control Management Certified by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and SREF (State Requirements for Educational Facilities) Certified by the Florida Department of Education.
Prior to graduating law school, Roscoe clerked for Bachara Construction Law Group and served as a judicial intern to the Hon. Monte C. Richardson of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He made the dean’s list at Florida Coastal multiple times and earned a Book Award in Transactional Drafting. He also participated in intramural football and is a member of the Jacksonville Bar’s Young Lawyers Section.
Roscoe developed an interest in both construction and the legal field at a young age. Inspired by his father, owner of Construction Support Southeast, Inc., in Tallahassee, Florida, and his grandfather, a former Chief Justice of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and former Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, Roscoe began working in the construction industry in high school with future plans for law school.
While in college, Roscoe served with his father’s company in a variety of positions ranging from heavy equipment operator to project manager. After graduating, he worked with Baycrest Corporation, a Tallahassee-based construction management firm specializing in commercial and institutional construction. At Baycrest, Roscoe served in a variety of roles including project engineer, estimator, superintendent, and project manager for multi-million-dollar projects.
Roscoe enjoys spending time with his family, football, reading, fishing and golfing.
• Licensed general contractor (CGC#1518230) (inactive)
• Construction Quality Control Management Certified,
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
• The Florida Bar, 2014
• State Bar of Georgia, 2015
U.S. DISTRICT COURT ADMISSIONS
• U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
• The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section; Business Law Section
• State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Law Section
• Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
• Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter
• The Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate, 2016
• Associated Builders & Contractors, Legislative Affairs Committee
• Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., May 2014
– Transactional Drafting, Book Award Recipient
– Certificate in Advanced Research, Writing, and Drafting, FCSL’s Certificate Program
• Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering, December 2006