Mark Pionessa earned his law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law and is a member of The Florida Bar and the State Bar of Georgia. Licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, he focuses primarily on construction defects, delay claims and contract disputes.
Mark is a Jacksonville native and represents the third generation of his family to have worked in the construction industry. Growing up, he served in positions ranging from laborer to office worker in construction-related businesses, gaining valuable firsthand knowledge. That experience served him well even in law school, when a clerkship gave him the opportunity to help prepare a complex case focused around construction defects and delay claims.
Prior to joining Bachara Construction Law Group, Mark was an associate at a statewide law firm in Gainesville, where he spent many days in the courtroom negotiating and litigating a large volume of cases on behalf of the State of Florida Department of Revenue.
In his spare time, Mark enjoys hunting, fishing, and spending time with his family.
• The Florida Bar, 2013
• State Bar of Georgia, 2015
U.S. DISTRICT COURT ADMISSIONS
• U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
• Jacksonville Bar Association
• Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., May 2013
• University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Food & Resource Economics, December 2007
• University of Florida, Master of Agribusiness, December, 2008